Friday, September 17, 2010

First Day At Work & Homework

My Federal Work Study is as a DA Assistant, working ten hours a weekend.

My Two Hours Today:

Sitting behind a desk, doing homework and occasionally saying, "Have a good day" or "Your ID please." Boring, boring, boring. But the good news is I did get all my science homework done, which was satisfying!

I did get to check in two guests for the hall, check two guests out, set packages on the ground, and put up posters around the two floors.

Luckily the person I was working with was nice and quiet, hopefully I get to work with her more. :D

Laundry day today at Alan's Aunt and Uncles' place, heading back to the dorms soon.

Calculus homework is finally done!! Limits are not so bad at the beginning it seems, mostly due to the fact I have the solutions manual which tells you how to do all the odd problems, so once you understand that you can do the even problems. I still want to know WHY the limits equal the value they do, WHY you do the process you do.

English teacher sent me an e-mail telling the class to take a test on grammar, I scored 74%, which makes me sad but oh well, nothing I can do about it.

For English I still have to read poems, write an analysis on one of them, write a social criticism poem, pick a topic for the social criticism essay, and read chapter nine. Grrrrr...looks like the library and I are going to be best friends for the next two days. 

For public speaking I have to make an informative speech and have no idea what in the world  to do it on. So by Tuesday I need to pick a topic and find three sources for the speech. In addition I need to read two huge chapters for this class.

Anyways, just wanted to tell everyone how it was going. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment