Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Meeting Alan's Family

Tuesday night I had the pleasure of meeting Alan's mom, grandparents, aunt, baby cousin, older cousin and his wife. I fidgeted the whole way there, sneaked peeks at Alan, and tried to convince myself that I was likable. Alan's mom is in Providence for two weeks to help her mother with her father and of course see Alan.


The good news is Alan tells me his mom actually likes me though she says I talk loudly, with my hearing issues my volume has increased if you can believe that! I seemed to make a good impression on the others as well, which is a relief.

Apparently his aunt that I know well decided it was a great time to make sure I was embarrassed the entire night though. Every time I recovered from embarrassment she would say something else. Though I must admit his grandmother embarrassed me first.

Meeting your significant others family is stressful and nerve racketing. I cannot believe I made it through alive and with my checks not permanently red! :D

Goodnight All!

No comments:

Post a Comment